Skip to content
Kadcyla Questions
mark918 posted:
My wife has been on Kadcyla now for 2 treatments. The first treatment was infused over an hour and a half with no problems. About 4 days later she got really tired and somewhat weaker which we were sort of expecting.

After the second treatment, which took a half an hour, the next day she started to feel weak, her feet started to hurt and then a couple days later she started to get a rash on her cheek.

Is anyone else here on this medication and had these types of reactions.

We are beginning to get very nervous. She called the oncologist's nurse about her feet and the gave her a script for pain medicine.

Any help or information would be great.

jenna291 responded:
Hi Mark,
I do not have any experience with that drug, but taxol gave me similar issues. My feet hurt, were hot and numb about 4-5 days after chemo.
Hopefully someone here will respond. Also, I sure hope the spam with disappear as I fear it is keeping people who really want to talk from posting.
What type of pain meds is she on?
I will pray the symptoms lesson for her.
best,
Jenna

mark918 replied to jenna291's response:
Thanks Jenna,

She is on Tylenol w/codeine which the doctor wants her to stop taking because they think it is causing the rash on her face. So for now she is just taking Tylenol.

Mark

jenna291 replied to mark918's response:
HI Mark,

I hope the Tylenol helps - I never had much luck with it. How many more treatments does she have? The symptoms most likely will persist until she stops them, unfortunately. That was my experience with Taxol and numbing, tingling, and hotness in the feet and ankles.
best to her ~
Jenna

Hey Jenna,

They found out what was causing the rash and feet pain. She has shingles and neuropathy. She is now on meds to help each one. The rash is starting to clear up. and she started the med for the feet yesterday.

Mark

HI Mark,
Glad the rash is clearing up and hope the meds help for her feet.
It WILL get better! How much longer does she have to go?

best,
Jenna

rachael67 replied to jenna291's response:
Mark, so glad to hear they have diagnosed both issues and are treating them. Please know she will be in our thoughts and hopes that she is doing better very soon!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

She has 2 more treatments, tomorrow and the end of the month, and then another PTScan. They will then determine what to do. She has been told there is a good possibility that she will need some type of chemo for the rest of her life. We told the doctor they better stock-up their supply, it's going to be a long run. LOL

mark918 replied to rachael67's response:
Thank you so much Rachael!

GREAT attitude Mark! This positive energy will help to keep her strong to push thru all of this!

many blessings,
Jenna

johnsmith1 replied to jenna291's response:
Hey Mark,
You should join the discussions on the Breast Cancer forum,
https://community.breastcancer.org
There's many women who are taking Kadcyla and participating in the clinical trial.
Do a "Search" on the term "Kadcyla" and you'll find the different threads.

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center