Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!
rachael67 posted:
The spam builds and builds and builds!! It is sprinkled throughout the community!

Can't this be taken care of sooner and more regularly????! For heaven's sake, WebMD...HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO DO IT!!!!

Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jenna291 responded:
Rachel, I am so sad how this site has deteriorated and so many friends don't post here anymore because of all the crazy issues. I am trying to be patient, but am so annoyed! Does anyone care out there?????

cancer47 responded:
My cancer treatments and surgery was 4 years ago. This community was so helpful to me. But as I check in here from time to time the site has changed and I feel no long is able to give help and support that is needed when we find we are living with breast cancer. I hope the MODS can help the site get back on track.

jenna291 replied to cancer47's response:
I SO agree! I always found this site to be a place for comfort, understanding, support, and even a laugh now and then. No one ounderstands us better than those of us who have been thru or are going thru this dreaded disease. I feel when they let the regular moderators go it was downhill from there, but I do see an occasional old friend and sometimes someone does come here for help. I don't understand when things are working well, the need to change it, especially by an organization such as Web MD.
We have to try and work thru the spam and hopefully one day this will be a pristine place to come again for help and support like it once was.
best,
Jenna

mark918 replied to jenna291's response:
I could not agree more! This place is to valuable to many people to give up. I do not personally have this awful disease but I come here for information on behalf of my wife and the support I get. If enough people complain you would think that WebMD would do something!?
Mark

atti_editor responded:
Hi everyone,

We are working on a fix for the spam that is popping up across the communities and hope to have that in place very shortly. In the meantime, if you would continue to report spam when you see it, it really does help it to be taken down sooner. I am in here every morning to remove spam, but reports are still the best way to alert me to the problem.

We understand your frustration and thank you for sticking with the community and helping those new to breast cancer, those who are going through treatment, and beyond. We want this community to be that safe place that you speak of for support, understanding, comfort, and camaraderie. That said, in addition to spam removal, what other things would you all like to see happen in the community? We want to ensure that this remains a valuable resource for many as Mark said, and welcome any and all of your ideas and suggestions.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center