Skip to content
Breast Lumps
brileeanna posted:
I have two lumps on my right breast. I am 17 years old and I don't think its breast cancer but the lumbs are scaring me. It started overnight a red spot appeared on my breast. Over the course of two days the spot began to become purple and a very hard lump. The lump is only the size of maybe a pea. The lump does not move but is very sensitive. I have had this lump for over two weeks. I thought at first that it may be due to my period which I had just gotten off of. I left it be and thought that it would disappear on its own. Two nights ago, another lump came up this one has darkened to purple and the lump got hard and round quicker than the one before. They are within an inch of each other and are within a inch and a half of my nipple. I have a large bust; a DD so I am used to getting pimples and such. However, this is not like anything I have had before. Can anyone tell me what this sounds like?

georgiagail responded:
They sound like cysts under the skin. They are likely to continue to be painful until they are drained.

Gail

atti_editor responded:
Hi brileeanna,

This article has information about breast lumps that you might find helpful. It says that breast lumps can be cysts, adenomas and papillomas that differ in size, shape and location. Most changes in your breasts are normal and are no cause for concern, but any abnormalities should be looked at by a medical professional. It would be a good idea to make an appointment with your doctor for evaluation. He/She will be able to determine what is causing the lumps you describe and offer treatment options if any are needed.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center