Skip to content
pain in my left breast need help
cindylu2002 posted:
Hi everyone , I will start telling you alittle about myself .I have had a hysterectomy in 2000. I am 43 years old been dignosed with fibromyalgia.I do suffer in the worse pain. My granmother,my two aunt all the had breast cancer ..two are dead from this ...and I am very concerned .just about a month ago I started having just swollen gland ..I just let that go.Now month later I am having pain in my left breast ..the pain is very weird almost like I have a sore ball inside my breast behind on the side of the nippel also under the ridge where my bra lays across under your boob. Sometimes dull other times sharp and painful my underarm is the same swollon and hurts.I do have a mammogram for friday but can anyone help me I keep hearing cancer doesnt hurt so can u give me any advise.

rachael67 responded:
Cindy, I am sorry that you are dealing with these concerns. Your family history probably is adding to your fears and that is to be expected. However, even though it might increase your odds, it is nowhere near a probability!

You don't say why you had the hysterectomy...Was it cancer related? If not, do you feel it might somehow be playing a role in whatever else is happening now?

I am glad you are having that mammogram. Pain is our body telling us we need to check it out, and letting it go or trying to hide your head in the sand never does work well. The sooner you know, the sooner you can either address any kind of health issue or, most hopefully, you can stop worrying and get back to enjoying life!!

We are not doctors so cannot really offer much advice as to what might be expected. However, I can tell you that 80% of lumps prove to be benign. Hold onto that until Friday, ok???

Meanwhile know you will be in our thoughts. Please come back and tell us how you are doing.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

cindylu2002 replied to rachael67's response:
Thank you ..I will keep you posted.

jenna291 replied to cindylu2002's response:
Hi cindylu,
checking on an update as we haven't heard back from you?

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center