Skip to content
Are or Can Enemas Related to Depression ?
seekingthetruth1984 posted:
I sometimes perform enemas to clean out myself . I have noticed after heavy use sometimes coffee . I feel depressed sometimes very manic racing thoughts . I feel the water and a bit of indigestion. I want to know from a doctor or anyone that may have experienced this know someone who has . Every time I do this it begins to happen meaning depression and mass anxiety . Is there anything that a enema or too much water etc can be causing . I await your response/(responses)

thankyou

georgiagail responded:
The use of coffee enemas may be triggering some of your symptoms due to electrolyte imbalances following this.

Gail

seekingthetruth1984 replied to georgiagail's response:
rarely do it with coffee . its mainly cause with heavy water usage .i dont know whats happening but it is does happen (depression )when doing this but it also helps with keeping me regular cleaned out etc . heavy anxiety and depression. i just want answers to this problem thats all ..

georgiagail replied to seekingthetruth1984's response:
There's a risk of dehydration with regular use of enema's (even water based ones). Perhaps some of your symptoms are connected with this. Why do you feel the need to go this route to keep you "cleaned out" as opposed say, a high fiber diet and exercise?

Gail

seekingthetruth1984 replied to georgiagail's response:
are you a doctor ? although your opinion is helpful just wondering if you have extensive knowledge a doctor would have . the only reason im posting this is because its very specific and related both co inside . its not related to or what im not doing . its very specific to the title of the post not a another condition or what i am or not doing . i am seeking answers . i hope this clarifies more specifically now .

georgiagail replied to seekingthetruth1984's response:
There are few physicians who post to this forum. I'm not a physician, although I've been in health care since (it seems) time began.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center