Skip to content
Breast Papillomas
An_258038 posted:
My wife has been diagnosed with breast papillomas. The doctors want to surgically remove them? Is this necessary even though they are benign?

sam1985 responded:
I feel if you have just been diagnosed with breast papillomas, it should not be that necessary to remove it surgically as it is very benign according to you. But nevertheless its always good to get it consulted by the docs.

georgiagail replied to sam1985's response:
sam1985; do you even know what you are talking about when you post here?

The questions that should be asked is 1. whether a biopsy has been done to assure these ARE benign and 2. are they causing the wife significant pain or discomfort that surgical removal might need to be considered?

A good article on this:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/benign-breast-conditions/intraductal-papilloma

Gail

johnsmith1 responded:
It's been a few weeks since you posted this question, but figured I'd chime in. Despite the papillomas being benign, they can get malignant over time. I'd definitely surgically remove them and then monitor her breasts closely for the rest of her life. Continuously check for lumps and dimpling of the skin. Those are sure signs something could be wrong.

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center