Skip to content
Intimacy and Sexuality and Breast Cancer
barbara_musser posted:
I am a 25 year breast cancer survivor (hooray!) and sex educator. I'm interested in talking about the sexual challenges you have or are facing, what you're doing and what you need to experience pleasurable intimacy and sexuality. I have lots of experience from my personal journey and from working with lots of women over the years. And I want to learn from you.

What are your thoughts about how body image and self-esteem impact your sense of being beautiful, desirable and sexy? Are you affected by our culture that places such a high value on having perfect breasts ~ sex is used to sell so many products and we no longer fit that narrow definition of beauty. Have you been able to define your beauty on your terms?

Let's talk about this and other aspects to intimacy and sexuality so that we can all benefit!

Take the Poll

How has your intimate and sexual life been affected by breast cancer diagnosis and treatments?
  • Sex? What's that, other than a distant memory?
  • My libido has gone away and I need help.
  • Things have gotten better.
  • No impact.
  • I want to be sexual but it's painful and I don't know what to do.
vote
View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center