Skip to content
Driniking wine while on Arimidex
helpingothers posted:
I am about to finish my radiation treatments for breast cancer and begin taking Arimidex for the next 5 years. Does anyone know if it's okay to drink wine while taking Arimidex? I'm sure I can ask the pharmacist when the Rx is filled, but I'm just curious. Thanks ~

Peg40630 responded:
After I finished treatment, I did return to drinking alcohol occaisionly. I was on Tamoxifen.

Keep the alcohol to a minimum...our risk of reoccurence has been proven by alcohol consumption.

Rachael67 responded:
I can't help with advice on drinking while on anti-hormone therapy, but agree with Peg on the apparent connection between alcohol and breast cancer.

I did, however, want to congratulate you on your final treatment today! WAY TO GO, GAL!! Now, get on with living!!

Blessings. Rachael

mimi2290 responded:
I have had an ocassional social drink while on Arimidex (almost 5 yrs for me), but the medical community has stated on many ocassions that drinking promotes breast cancer and advise that you limit your intake to one drink a day. I wasn't a big drinker prior to my dx, but do not notice a difference after having a drink and have not suffered any ill effects. that being said, I only drink about 3 drinks a year. It will be interesting to hear from those who have that drink a day.

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center