Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please drop by and visit at the Breast Cancer Friend to Friend and Pinkie Central.
Second go around with bc posted on other site.
1fernehall posted:
There is a post on the main site regarding bc coming back. Must admit it really bothered me. I've been dealing with "strong fear" that that is what will happen to me. I haven't been able to locate any info on recurrence (as far as % are concerned); maybe someone knows where to find them. I want to scream and rebel for this poor lady! I'm crying = this fear is unbelieveable. Just needed to vent. My best for all. Fern

rachael67 responded:
Fern, I know you are not alone in trying to outrun and hide from any kind of revist the beast might make. I think it goes with the territory. Perhaps those who have escaped once live with the greatest fear as we don't know just how long our luck will hold out!

I remember hearing a story long ago where a woman discusses how it is in "having" we have the most to loose. Being blessed with love, perhaps we fear the loss of it the most; having worked long and hard, we are uneasy that someone might steal our funds; being fortunate enough to have a lovely home, we fear its destruction, etc.

Many cultures and religions preach "simplicity"...To them if we only place our value in things which cannot be taken from us, we won't have to be so concerned with ever doing without. Sound advice in most cases: Priorities are very important, but there is something very human in wanting to hold on with our fingernails so that we never have to face the day when our fears might be realized.

I may just be rambling on as it is quite late, but I think the bottom line is we know all too well. It is something we all grapple with. I find the best solution is to put it on a back...back...back burner, and try not to give it a thought until (God forbid!) I have to.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jaydbraz replied to rachael67's response:
I know bc returning is almost as horrible as receiving the bc news in the beginning.
Rachael, I just learned my brothers girl friend in Mississippi has bc ib both breasts and is considering having them both removed. Please light a candle and remember 'Lane' --Rose Emary in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks. J.D.

rachael67 replied to jaydbraz's response:
JD, I had seen the candle for "Lane" and not even knowing it was you who lit it, I had already lit another! Amazing that candle site!! Almost as amazing as Friends!

blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jaydbraz replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael, now this sweet girl had a stroke last Monday, she had a bad one 8 years ago and this looks worse. She had planned to have the entire breast removed and now this.

rachael67 replied to jaydbraz's response:
How dreadful...I will hold her in my thoughts. Please let us know how she is doing.

blessings.
Rachael

Spotlight: Member Stories

Before I ever had my first mammogram, I was diagnosed at age 36 with IBC in July 1993. Well, 4 months of chemo, a modified radical with 30 nodes remov...More

Helpful Tips

Co Pay Help for medications/drugs
Hi, I saw this on here and wanted to share one that I was able to use. The social worker at the oncologist office helped me with this. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 17 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.