Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please drop by and visit at the Breast Cancer Friend to Friend and Pinkie Central.
surgery scheduled
ReptileRefuge posted:
Well, here we go. Double-mastectomy is scheduled for May 3.

The rollercoster ride is off to a start.

rachael67 responded:
I so wish you didn't have to board that ride, but will send good thoughts and prayers as you go along...May there be many more ups than downs!!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

ReptileRefuge replied to rachael67's response:
We are going through ups and downs with this. We know we are in for a very bumpy ride.

Mirra loves to go fishing at Goose Island State Park so I think I will take her there for the weekend before her surgery.

We have cancer and surgery related appointments every week till the surgery.

We do so appreciate the well wishes and all the candles.

The advice is so very good also. We will be seeing the cancer doctor next week and will be talking about chemo and whatever else.

I am going to look back through the posts and see what the name of that test that was recommended before chemo.

We have a great team of health care professionals in our corner and they are in almost daily contact with us.

Hugss to all of you.

Willie and Mirra

rachael67 replied to ReptileRefuge's response:
We'll send Pinkie to drive you for your fisihng trip...Hope the weather is super and the fish are really biting!!

The test you asked about is called Oncotype. Its results are on a scale and should help with indication of benefit for her...Sometimes, however, it falls right in the mid-range and then decisions relys on trying to get an overview, use of brains and gut reaction, and lots of hope! I am holding out for it to be more definitive for you two so you won't have the added angst!

As always, you remain in my thoughts!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

0910faith replied to rachael67's response:
Willie and Mira,
Mira, you are so lucky to have Willie. I lit a candle for
her and to you Willie, Thank you for reminding us
what it really means to have a better half.
I hope your journey is successful and like Rachael
More ups than downs.
hugs to you both
Faith

Spotlight: Member Stories

Seven years ago I was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. I knew I had cancer for quite a while before I went to the doctor. I was waiting for long...More

Helpful Tips

Co Pay Help for medications/drugs
Hi, I saw this on here and wanted to share one that I was able to use. The social worker at the oncologist office helped me with this. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 17 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.