Skip to content

Announcements

Please drop by and visit at the Breast Cancer Friend to Friend and Pinkie Central.
chemo port
cherokee7707 posted:
recently diagnosed with breast cancer am getting ready to take chemo. am going tomorrow to have port put in. can anyone give me some advice on the advantage of port against a disadvantage if there are any. i seem to be stuck on this.

sams_mom2 responded:
The advantage of the port is that the chemo is easier to administer. Whether you get it or not is based on your veins. Mine were very hard to find so they suggested the port.
The main disadvantage is that they have to be put in and removed. They are not 100% infallible but it is easier to remove blockages when they exist.

Good luck with your insertion. It's a minor procedure and I'm sure you will do fine.

Jennifer

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been coming to WebMd since before 2003. My dear wife passed away April 29,2006. It has been a lonely journey these past years. I have traveled ...More

Helpful Tips

Co Pay Help for medications/drugs
Hi, I saw this on here and wanted to share one that I was able to use. The social worker at the oncologist office helped me with this. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 17 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.