Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please drop by and visit at the Breast Cancer Friend to Friend and Pinkie Central.
brcansur
brcansur posted:
hello all I am new to this chat thing I am a 3 year breast cancer survivor. I am wondering if there are any others out there that are done with treatment that I may ask some questions. I have a few things going on that I was wondering if any one else has had the same thing after chemo. Thank you all for your time and have a great day and rest of the week ahead.

rachael67 responded:
Welcome! Yes, this is a good place to post and we definitely have alot of members who are in your same situation. So, ask away!

However, I must caution you that this community does not get a great deal of traffic...It's a bit more slow than the main Breast Cancer Community. So make sure you post here AND on the main board as well! ( Breast Cancer Community ) We don't want you to miss out on someone who might have the best answer to a question!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

brcansur replied to rachael67's response:
thank you so much for your answer and your time. I have had some issues since chemo one is a fast irregular heart rate, short of breath which they still can't figure out but have me on med that seam to be working. I get tired really fast just from doing little things still 3 years after chemo. my bones and muscles still hurt ( i did and still do have fibro and arthritis ) which I know is worse since chemo. I am still having trouble with dry eyes. Does anyone else still have after effects from chemo that their doctors can't figure out why or what is going on. I have other things also going on like cyst on my kidneys and one in the bone on my neck never had these before chemo. I have talk to some other lady friends that also have had breast cancer two others have been told they have cyst on their kidneys just within last few months. Any answers or help would be great thank you again for your time and have a great day and weekend ahead. Roberta

rachael67 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta, I have more questions than answers at this point:

Did you have radiation treatments? What kind of surgery? What kinds of meds did you have then and are you on now?

Shortness of breath and irregular heart may be attributed to certain conditions as well as certain treatments and meds. Thyroid is a big one to think about. And if you had rads, was it on your left isde (which could mean posible damage to the heart), etc.

So, try and be more specific on this board and on the main board (Simply copy one post to the other board...No need to rewrite for each one!)

Hoping we can offer some insight or areas to explore.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

brcansur replied to rachael67's response:
Thank you, No I did not have radation, only chemo and I had double mastectomy in 2008. I had reconsrtion in 2009. I am triple neg so no med after chemo, just meds for arthritis and fibro now the heart problem oh and now I have high blood pressure and cholesterol since cancer alway had low blood pressur before. I had Thyriod test done and it was normal except for it being a little swollen they are keeping an eye on it. I had all kinds of scopes done also because of not being able to eat much without feeling full after a few bites they are all normal also. But the doctors hear and see the heart rate is doing odd things and can't figure it out and the shortness of breath goes with the heart problem. So I am told to keep takeing the meds and see what happens. I am just tired of always feeling tired. Then I have dry eye and bubbles on my cornia ( sorry if the speeling is off that is another thing wrong ) blurred vision I am on restasis and systan eye drops everyday. I have had scan done of my brain and have the balance part and memory part are effected and the doctor noticed my speech and the way words come out sometime are backwards of what I mean to say. all of this since chemo. That is a start of what is going on. All that I had before was arthritis and fibro IBS I was on meds for them and still am . Thank you so much for all your time and help. Your kindness and all is great anything you can tell me is better then nothing at all. Thank you again and have a great week. Roberta

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 2 X survivor of BC. In '99 I was DX with a cancerous lump Rh + in my left breast.( I ignored to long.) I opted to have a lumpectomy. I w...More

Helpful Tips

Co Pay Help for medications/drugs
Hi, I saw this on here and wanted to share one that I was able to use. The social worker at the oncologist office helped me with this. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 17 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.