Skip to content

Announcements

Please drop by and visit at the Breast Cancer Friend to Friend and Pinkie Central.
To Rachael
helenehere posted:
I could not reply to some concerns/probs you are having Rachael.
I am posting to say prayers sent your way and hope you are now feeling better.
Got another new i.d....but you know it is me from Canada.
Hope you are having a fine summer and keeping cool.
Take care
Helene.

rachael67 responded:
Helene, you just made my day!!!!! Thank you so much for your concern and care! Sadly, that problem I fear may never be resolved, but (Like all us Warriors!) I have no intention of letting it take away all my joy! I am doing what I can to remedy the resulting depression that seems to go hand in hand with it, and have even discovered a delightful if very challenging way to distract me...I got a new puppy!!!

He is the most weird, silly looking little thing (16 lbs) with this wild outcropping of wirey fur that runs down his back...As a result of this fur, he was named "Harry". However, he is so high-energy,full of mischief and has such an attitude, I have decided that his formal title is "Harry From Da Bronx"!!!!

Stay tuned for reports on some of his antics....It's a contest to see which of us is taken away in a white coat first!!
Again, I cannot thank you enough for your care! It means more than I can say!! I hope you are well!!!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

0910faith replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael,
I know Harry from DaBronx will help you. I have a little
one to and his name is Ziggy. He starts my day with
the tail wagging and makes me smile even when I'm down,
I hope Harry gets settled in quickly. I know you love him
already. They work magic. You know I wish we all
lived close so we could be there for one another.
My infection is better but I still look like I was in the sun
too long. I don't want to lose my expanders so I'm trying to
be really careful and follow all instructions.
I really do care about you and If I were there a big hug
would be in order, that is unless Harry from the DaBronx
didnt' object. I know Ziggy doesn't like Bob getting too
close to me. He's very vocal at that moment.
Be well sweet lady
love N hugs
Faith
faith 0910

rachael67 replied to 0910faith's response:
Thanks so much for your encouragement for me and for Harry! I just am so hoping that soon you will be posting that the darned infection has finally gone!! I can only imagine how stressed out this lengthy ordeal has made you. Please know that prayers and good thoughts are being sent all the time...And a few crossed fingers too!!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jaydbraz replied to rachael67's response:
Helene my dear Canadian friend, so good to hear your voice after all these years. Good friends are enduring and add so much to our daily lives. Take care, come back often.
And dear Rachael, my fiance Madeline has 3 outside puppies, one weighs almost 75 pounds and is such a dear. We never had animals and these 3 outside dogs are each their own self, so different, and fun to learn their traits.
Thinking of you all today,and Rachael hope 'Harry' adds joy to your life as you have contributed greatly to ours.

rachael67 replied to jaydbraz's response:
Hey, Jaydee! You have been missed (in case you didn't know!!) Good to see you here!

How are you doing? Any news on the wedding front?

Jan was just asking about you...Drop her an email from time to time...She tends to worry!!

Harry From Da Bronx is a 16lb mutt destined to challenge us or to wear us out...Whichever comes first. But he is really a delight! Ugly as sin! OH!!! Excuse me!!! "UNIQUE"!!!! (That give him a bit of class that ugly doesn't!) But so "unique" he is cute!

Take care, My Friend, and let us hear from you more regularly if Madleine permits! (Do hope the lady keeps a tight rein on you! )

blessings.
Rachael

jaydbraz replied to rachael67's response:
Miss Madeline is sweet and allows me to do most of the cooking. People ask me if she's a good cook, I tell them she only has a kitchen because it came with the house--------then I run and duck.When I'm certain about the success of the back surgery, we will set a wedding date, but I tell her I wont have her pushing me in a wheel chair. To which she responds, she will gladly do so. Is that 'love' or what!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed Dec 2003 with IDC, 1.5x2cm tumor, er/pr+, her2- at age 55, postmenopausal. I had lumpectomy, sentinel node biopsy (1 of 6 nodes positi...More

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.