Skip to content

Announcements

Please drop by and visit at the Breast Cancer Friend to Friend and Pinkie Central.
Pat Sadblossom, anyone who knows about lymphedema
1fernehall posted:
Pat Sadblossom, are you out there? Been a while since needing advice. Having problem with underarm and arm (needless to say breast also). Was wondering - after moving, which took a month of hard work packing - would it be considered normal for lymphedema under the arm to cause lots of ache and pain? No, it's not our usual muscle problem caused by strain; there's pockets of swelling, and in general I just don't feel good. Because I'm in the process of moving I have no idea when I'll be getting to a Dr. plus not knowing one here. Would appreciate any "common sense" advice to see me through; anyone who has a clue PLEASE ADVISE. Thanks to all. Fern

Rachael67 responded:
Fern! You have been missed! Sorry it has a problem that brings you back!

Kiddo, you need to have that seen by someone sooner rather than later...I kinda think you know this already but add my voice to that small one in your head that keeps telling you the same thing. I am wondering if that might be an infection of some sort? Especially since you are not feeling well in general. Whatever it may be, your body is speaking and it would do well for you to listen and follow thru!

Incidentally, many of us check out this community from time to time as it feels so like home when we see old faces. However, for much more traffic and where you are more likely to touch base with Pat (sadblossom), please go to the main BC community. Breast Cancer Community

I hope you are feeling better very soon. Please keep us posted and know you are in my thoughts.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

1fernehall replied to Rachael67's response:
Hi Rachael: Yep! You're right. I'll get myself into a Dr. ASAP. I kinda like this site better, though, more informal; a place to meet up with old friends. Pat was a big help to me over a year ago when the lymphedemia was causing great problems, funny how one doesn't forget certain things. I've checked in and read posts between you and Jaycee. He seems rather "cool". Thanks a million for posting. Hope all is well with you. God bless. Fern

Rachael67 replied to 1fernehall's response:
Let us know what the docs says. Okay??

And, tho' I, too, like this community, you might want to just drop a message on the main board to Pat so that she comes here to give you her input? Just an idea.

Blessings.
Rachael

PS...Hope the moving is soon a thing of the past, and you can finally relax a mite!
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

In early 2001, I was diagnosed with DCIS in the right breast. A fairly extensive lumpectomy was followed by radiation treatment and tamoxifen. In 2002...More

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.