Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please drop by and visit at the Breast Cancer Friend to Friend and Pinkie Central.
Mary(????)Beth
rachael67 posted:
I just want to post here in case you've not seen the posts on the main boards...We all are very concerned, praying that you are doing okay, and that the reports are good.

Whenever you can let us know, please do. But if you need time for you right now, we can wait. Just know we are thinking of you and caring!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jaydbraz responded:
She is doing well it seems, still in Oklahoma, new grandbabies and having a ball as usual. We're on Facebook.

MBH34351 responded:
Rachael -- Thanks for your persistence. JD hasn't been aware of this because I haven't said anything on FB yet.

I've been on a crazy, crazy rollercoaster. Along the way I've had two biopsies, a PET scan, a brain MRI, and a bone scan.
This week I get a port and an echocardiogram. Unfortunately, this territory is very familiar -- although this is the first time I've ever had proof that my brain is fine. So that's the good news.

The other news is that I've got metastatic BC. It's in lymph nodes under my left arm, on both sides of my clavical, in my left groin, and on the bone at the top of the clavical. It's HR and Her2Neu so on the 29th, I start Taxol and Herceptin. Needless to say, I'm thrilled. Can hardly wait! Yippee!

OK, snarkiness aside, I really can do this and my attitude is actually pretty good. My onco is my friend, and I've got a really good support system. I've also got an incredible amount of solitude which isn't always the best situation. Oh, well. Maybe I'll spend more time out here. Guess I'll be dealing with this for the rest of my life, so I might as well start off on the right foot.

Mary (It's doable!) Beth

jaydbraz replied to MBH34351's response:
MaryBeth, you're a strong lady, so sorry to hear this latest, crap, crap, crap. I like your attitude, of course I always have. The sun is going to shine, we just don't know when.

rachael67 replied to MBH34351's response:
I replied on the main board, but it is so nice that some of us "oldies" (Tho' VERY YOUNG in fact!!) come and gather here! I will raise my glass in a silent toast to you and to Jaydee tomorrow!

Blessings Friends!!

Rachael

MBH34351 replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael -- I messed up again and posted on the wrong board. I forget that there are two. Sorry.

Mary (oops!!) Beth

rachael67 replied to MBH34351's response:
That's okay....I find you wherever you hide...and reply to both!!

How you doing now? Still in the dumps??? Nasty neighborhood...Let's look for a bar instead. Okay???

Blessings.
Rachael

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been coming to WebMd since before 2003. My dear wife passed away April 29,2006. It has been a lonely journey these past years. I have traveled ...More

Helpful Tips

Co Pay Help for medications/drugs
Hi, I saw this on here and wanted to share one that I was able to use. The social worker at the oncologist office helped me with this. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 17 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.