Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please drop by and visit at the Breast Cancer Friend to Friend and Pinkie Central.
Meeting my Surgical Oncologist for the first time, Tuesday.
stupidboob posted:
Long story short:

31 March 2011 - Went to family doctor - He was unhappy with my breast exam.

7 April 2011 - Ultrasound. Bad. Tech took tons of screen-shots. Both breasts.

~10 April 2011 - Back at Family doctor. He wanted to send me "To Winnipeg." Not knowing what the heck that meant, as a Military Wife in a strange place, I asked to stay in Brandon. Save a 6 hour return drive. Get sent to a general surgeon.

12 May 2011 - Met surgeon. He wants another Ulrasound.

7 June 2011 - Other Ultrasound. More unpleasantness.

15 June 2011 - Met surgeon again. He wanted to get another surgeon to look at me. Still staying local. Says he doesn't have a lot of experience with breasts. Uh-oh. He wants to remove my milk ducts. Big Uh-oh. A couple of weeks later, first surgeon calls me back in. Wants me to do a galactogram. Other surgeon says nothing should be done, at all. I'm in pain here.

8 August 2011 - Tech attempted galactogram. His hands shook like crazy. Unsuccessful. Bah. Did a mamogram instead. I have very, very dense breasts. Duh, I'm 34!

~29 August 2011 - Surgeon sending me to Winnipeg to see a Surgical Oncologist at, get this, "The Breast Health Center." FACEPALM.

29 December 2011 - Called the Breast Health Center. They didn't get my referal until November.

~5 January 2012 - Got copy of my referal from my family doctor, who made my husband cry over it. Doc was all like, "WTFF?" I'm still in denial, happily.

6 January 2012- Faxed copy of referal (dated 29 August 2011) to Breast Health Center.

21 February 2012 - Going to spend 6 hours in a car going to meet with Surgical Oncologist. Should have done this in May, 2011.

Book me a seat, please? I need the glowey, glittery, feather boa thoughts with me on Tuesday, please.

<3 To you ALL. Even you.

rachael67 responded:
Sorry for the delayed reply. I just got around to this board, and saw all you have been thur'....I am so very sorry!!! You must be beside yourself by now.

But I am so glad that you will finally be seeing someone who may have some answers!! Breast care Center...YES! Hopefully knowledge.... and no shakey hands!!

Lord! Almost a year in limbo!!??? Of course you will have the first class ticket on Pinkie, and we will all be beside you. (Should help make all those hours pass a little more swiftly. )

Please know you are in our thoughts, and we are sending tons of good wishes to go with the boa! Let us know how things go on Tuesday. Okay?

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

stupidboob replied to rachael67's response:
Hi there! Thank you so much for your warm reply! Going to start 3 months of 2 tablespoons of crushed flaxseed a day, then I'm going to move on to Tamoxifen if that doesn't work. I'm the biggest skeptic in the world, so I'm going to put my money on the Tamoxifen, thanks. In any case, I shall survive!

I'm reducing my stress level by finding another job, and working less than 12 hours a day.

~~~~~Have a great day!~~~~~~~

Sheri

rachael67 replied to stupidboob's response:
Sheri,

Did you see the surgeon on the 21st? What did he say?

Reducing stress levels is always a good thing!!! Best of luck on the new job!! Keep us posted on how it is going.

I want you to know of the other board that deals with breast cancer (in case you don't as yet). It is Breast Cancer Community ...It is the main board and is much more active than is this one. Tho' you are more than welcome on this community, you might find more responses for any particular questions on that one...In other words, jump in to both! We love the company!!! I just fear you might not get all the attention you need/want on this slower version!

Know you remain in my thoughts. Blessings.
Rachael

rondalee42 replied to rachael67's response:
I am trying to talk to someone that is dealing with breast cancer so i can ask some questions they may can help me with.... Do you know how i can communicate one on one with someone that is dealing with breast cancer or has????

thank you

rachael67 replied to rondalee42's response:
You will find that folks in this community have dealt with/are dealing with breast cancer. However, this site is not nearly as active or frequented by as many folks as you will meet in the main breast cancer community ( Breast Cancer Community ) so I urge you to post on both places.

Folks are most supportive, and will help in every way they can. Meanwhile you will be in my thoughts. Hope to talk more here and to see you on the main board soon!

Blessings.
Rachael

Spotlight: Member Stories

In early 2001, I was diagnosed with DCIS in the right breast. A fairly extensive lumpectomy was followed by radiation treatment and tamoxifen. In 2002...More

Helpful Tips

Co Pay Help for medications/drugs
Hi, I saw this on here and wanted to share one that I was able to use. The social worker at the oncologist office helped me with this. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 17 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.