Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please drop by and visit at the Breast Cancer Friend to Friend and Pinkie Central.
I need a ride and support
joeysmom1962 posted:
Good Morning-

I am back for my "ride" to my yearly mamogram....I come for support every year after having a "scare" several years ago found support in this great group. I lurk around but don't post much but always feel your with me at my appointment...I am over the top with how worked up I get about going to my appt glad they don't take blood pressure as it would be off the charts! So if I may bother you to let me hang out until next Friday Morning at 7:40 when I have my appt I would appreciate it any calming words would be apprecitated. I have had several recalls and about 6 years ago a biopsy...which that just about put me over the top, my mom is a survivor and I spend WAY to much time worrying about "what if" for myself good grief I am 50 and should beable to be a big girl about it but no matter how hard I try going to the appt is very hard for me....thanks in advance for being there with me!!! ) You are all increadible people!!!

Jane

rachael67 responded:
Jane, Pinkie and all the gang will be beside you next Friday...Now, being that your appointment is so early, I may not open my eyes for a bit, but Pinkie has cruise control and knows the way all by herself...By the time she might need someone to apply the brakes, my eyes should be open! :pbpt;

Worry is something that most of our members are way too familiar with! She keeps us company at least once a year for annual check-ups...and sometimes haunts a few dreams as well. Naughty lady that she is, it seems the only way she is not unpleasant is if we see her as someone who makes us aware that regular check-ups are a necessity. When we do that, she tends to settle down for a cup of coffee and a few cookies!

While you are trying to pass the time between now and Friday, do your best to distract yourself! Go shopping. Or for a lovely drive to enjoy the fall colors. Or even tackle some of the jobs around the house that you've been avoiding. (I find if I can establish a bit of organization about me, it helps to fool me into thinking that I have some control over all my life! It's a game I play!!)

Please know that you are in our thoughts and let us know how you are doing.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

joeysmom1962 replied to rachael67's response:
Thank you Rachel I think you have got me through this appt the past few years glad you will "ride" with me once more!!! )

rachael67 replied to joeysmom1962's response:
How did your appointment go? I hope you got a good report on the mammogram!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Rachael67 Member Since: 24-Jun-03, 8:58 AM My Profile Why I came to WebMD I was in the process of doing research after having been diagnosed w...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.