Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
period?
2glad posted:
how soon after you had your LO did you get your first period? My LO is almost 5 months, and no period yet.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jlcohen78 responded:
10 months here and still nothing.

fsuchick1976 responded:
I got mine at 5 1/2 months.

skerina responded:
DD is 15 months tomorrow...and I've had a couple times when I had very light spotting, for a day or two (and a bit of moodiness), but otherwise, nothing. Don't miss it a bit!

-Amber

rachbug8 responded:
We're at 8 months and I haven't had a visit from AF.

I never in my life expected to be wishing for her to show up - I want another little one, dangit!

sarakraut responded:
I got my first AF back at 14.5 months.

cduffy responded:
Mine returned when I was 8 months PP...I've had 2 so far, and it's no fun!

tlb209 responded:
My LO is 8 months and still no sign of AF..........I kind of don't mind it!!!

ix183 responded:
just got mine, DD is almost 3 months, and i'm not supplementing at all she gets only the boob!

lantonio04 responded:
9m and still nothing.. although i had a lot of weird dreams last night.. including one that i had my first period and i had to push out something that was bigger then my baby for and i was trying to squeeze it out while on the toilet.. ECK LOL.. I HOPE NOT!!!

simerlm responded:
11.5 months here and still nothing!

armywifemegn responded:
you lucky lucky ladies!!!! i EBF and have done so from the very start and i started my period at 5 weeks pp and have gotten it eveyr 5 weeks since!

lovesbug responded:
DD was about 5 months old when I got my first period, but then it was 2 months before my next one, and then a month and a half, and now I'm pregnant again, so 3 periods in 2 years... yeah I can handle that lol

moniqie23 responded:
with my second baby I started when she was about 3 months, but I was not exclusively breastfeeding, with the third baby I didn't have a period until my son was 16 months, with the fourth baby not until he was about 5 months old, so I think it just varies and I think the more your baby breastfeeds the longer you may go without a period. enjoy it while it lasts

Hopfer09 responded:
Just had one last week n my LO is 8 weeks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.