Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Spider bite and breastfeeding
laurab1979 posted:
Okay, so I was bitten by a spider (saw it on my arm later) this morning. The skin around the bite is a little inflammed and indurated and there are two little white spots on top. I feel fine, otherwise, no systemic symptoms of a poisonous bite or anything like that. I breastfeed, haven't fed him yet today, since I am at work and he bottle feeds during the day. Question is... can I breastfeed with a spider bite? Its not from a "poisonous" spider, but since I am having a small localized reaction there must be some venom involved.

sarakraut responded:
I would imagine you are just fine! If there were enough venom to affect your breastmilk, it would affect you as well.

emkelly101 responded:
you should be fine...and as a fyi all spider bites have venom its just a matter of how the body reacts to it

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Farin. I'm 22 and a first-time mommy. My husband is a Marine and I work part-time as a pharmacy technician. My daughter, Jazlyn, was bo...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.