Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fountains of spitup...
sandg3 posted:
I breastfeed full time no bottles ever. Well DD keeps spitting up fountains after feedings and even an hour or so after. She seems to be mainly content but starting to to show signs of discomfort..Tried gas drops already, nothin'. Does any one have any ideas on how to stop or at least lessen the spitup?

GigiSage responded:
Have you told her doctor? She could have reflux. I would call her doctor and see what they would like you to try.

nualla22 responded:
Please don't be offended by these questions- are you burping during feedings? How about letting DD sit up for 20 mins after eating and not doing anything too jostling? This helps my big guy keep the good stuff down.

sandg3 replied to nualla22's response:
Not offended at all. I have tried all these things, the doctor says she has relux but she also said she had GER not GERD so they gave me nothing, Im going to take her in again because I think it is starting to bother her

ukbluegirl02 replied to sandg3's response:
Both my DS (5/08) and now my DD2 (2/10) did and DD2 still does this. Her clothes are soaked each day. The pedi said unless she was not gaining weight, it was not an issue. My DD2 is definitely gaining weight. But it does seem excessive at times to me too. The nurse suggested gas drops an hour or so after feedings.

nualla22 replied to sandg3's response:
my only other thought is maybe she is eating too much. The big guy has been fountaining the past few days, but we've been transitioning to a 3 hr schedule and I think the eating more is throwing him off his game... I hope your ped can help!

Jcurzon responded:
My DD spit up a ton. She had reflux, but she was not "abnormally" uncomfortable with it, she had some gas but didn't seem to really bother her much so we just did a lot of laundry. She never was on any medication and it just gradually got better. By the time she was a year, it was mostly gone, but she still has a weak gag reflex and will spit up or vomit sometimes. I was very worried when she was newborn, my lactation consultant told me as long as she was putting on weight not to worry, which she did consistently, so we didn't worry, but it was a ton of spit up and nothing I really did seemed to help so it was just something we lived with. I think as long as she gains weight and doesn't scream in pain I would not worry too much. Just makes for a lot of laundry

sandg3 responded:
Thanks to all of your opinions

An_254331 replied to ukbluegirl02's response:

Hi,

"Really we have not met before. But I have something very important to discuss with you. I have been searching for the real relative of my client who died as a result of cancer for many years now. Thank God I have finally found you. Please I want you to contact me through my private e-mail address so that I will explain everything in details...
Here is my e-mail :{ thomashubertsadvisors@gmail.com}

I would be waiting to read from you.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,"

Huberts.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Farin. I'm 22 and a first-time mommy. My husband is a Marine and I work part-time as a pharmacy technician. My daughter, Jazlyn, was bo...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.