Skip to content
Is it normal for one side to lactaid more than the other?
linliv posted:
My daughter is a recent mother and is breast feeding. She asked me a question about her laction as she breast feeds. She noticed that her left breast appears to lactaid more than her right. Is this normal?

Thank you,
Linliv

jlc78 responded:
Very normal. My right side produces about double to what my left side produces.

ukbluegirl02 replied to jlc78's response:
I've always wondered this too. I have one side that produces about an ounce more.

fsuchick1976 responded:
It's perfectly normal b/c our bodies aren't perfectly symmetrical. You can read about it at: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/lopsided.html
Kim (33) DH (40) DD1 (7/08) DD2 (3/10)

cjl0510 replied to fsuchick1976's response:
I also have one side that produces more. Just make sure that she switches sides when starting each time she nurses. That way it won't be quite as noticable.

linliv replied to cjl0510's response:
Thank you cj,

I will share this info' with my daughter. She is now pumping her breast as well as feeding her baby, almost at the sametime. This info' will help her feel more at ease.

linliv replied to fsuchick1976's response:
Thank you Kim for sharing the website. I will make sure to read the info' and share it with my daughter.
livi

linliv replied to jlc78's response:
Thank you Jlc, she is adapting now and feels a lot more at ease.
livi

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 36 y/o and I am truly blessed to have 2 beautiful and brilliant girls. My eldest is turning 9 this March and my youngest is 26 m/o. I am a proud ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.