Skip to content
Monthly Cycle ?
help1977 posted:
How soon after BF does your period come back? I have completely stopped BF 2 weeks ago and I thought it would have started by now. Before that DD would only nurse a few times a day and not for very long. She had a lot of supplement.
ME(30)DH(32)DS(11)DS(2)DD(2mons.)

tamaricek responded:
Unfortunately, I completely lost milk after six weeks of breastfeeding and giving my baby girl formula, since I never had a enough of milk to fulfill her needs.
I had my first period after 10 weeks, a month after I completely lost milk.

cjl0510 responded:
I think it depends on your body. With my first LO it took 4 months before I got my period back after I stopped nursing (he was 10 months old when I stopped nursing)! I was so worried I made a doctors appointment. They day I was suppose to see the doctor I got my period! LOL so I guess it just depends!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 36 year old first time mom of Lauren. She was born 10/12/10. I am bf exclusively, but plan to pump from time to time so that I have back up ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.