Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
cheap breastfeeding tops?
An_188500 posted:
Hi,

I am a single new mother of a 9 week old baby boy. I don't have a lot of money and want to buy some nursing tops. I don't like having to pull up my shirt to breastfeed. My stomach is stretched out and gross and I would prefer people not to see it. Also I have a pretty large bosom. I wear the biggest size breastfeeding bra (40DD) I could find at Target (they were the only ones I could afford). Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could breastfeed in public without exposing myself? I'm not against breastfeeding in public I just don't want people to see my breasts. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

mommy_of_one_070709 responded:
they make a breastfeeding wrap thing. It cover you and your little one. Good luck

cdjd82406 responded:
I agree with PP they do make the wraps. Also, a friend of mine that BF always wore a sports bra under a tank top so that she could just kinda pull her breast out of the top of the shirt. You might can try at some consignment shops or thrift stores to see if you can find some. Another good place to look is on freecyclers.org. You can sign up there by what state you live in and then you can select the area that you live in. Everything on this site is free. The only stipulation is that you would have to go and either meet the person that is offering the free stuff at a specified location or go to their house. HTH and Congrats on a healthy baby boy!

fsuchick1976 responded:
Have you tried the nursing tanks from Target? They come in larger sizes. I wear them under all my shirts. I like the fact that it keeps my belly covered. At Target, they also have something similar to the Bella Band (the tube top looking thing you wear when pregnant to hold up your pants). You could wear that under your shirts to keep your belly covered too.
Kim (33) DH (40) DD1 (7/08) DD2 (3/10)

MarissasMommy replied to fsuchick1976's response:
Honey, I got measured for bras about 2 weeks before LO arrived and measured at a 32 G cup...so, I've pretty much had NO luck finding nursing bras, other than REALLY pricey ones online. But I can comfortably wear the XXL nursing tanks from Target (Gillian & O'Malley, I think is the brand name). I've only got 2 right now, but I'll wear one day and night and then wear the other one while I wash one....so, I know I need to get more or else they're gonna wear out pretty fast! But they're around $15 and well worth it. You can just wear a regular shirt over top and lift top shirt up.

fsuchick1976 replied to MarissasMommy's response:
I just want to say that the Target tanks wash and wear really well. I bought 4 white ones when I was nursing DD1. I nursed her for 13 months and I wore them all the time. I'm wearing the same ones now that I'm nursing DD2. So, you could say they have lasted 16 months and they are still in great shape. They are under $20 and I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of them.
Kim (33) DH (40) DD1 (7/08) DD2 (3/10)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a Forensic Drug Chemist, back to working (and pumping!) full time. Married to my high school sweetheart, Chris since 1998. We've been toge...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.