Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Which pump do you like most?
phoenix0403 posted:
I've been looking around at the different electric pumps, and I want some real opinions. I believe I might end up having to strictly pump BM because my little one gets too frustrated when I try to nurse. This isn't a problem for me because he's still getting my milk (which is what I want ultimatly, I don't care how he gets it). I just want to know from real people (not the ones on the websites) which pumps you girls like best!!

VeryFirst responded:
Well I have a Medela and love it!

phoenix0403 replied to VeryFirst's response:
I've got the manual one that was given to me at the hospital (I believe its the Harmony model) Which one do you have? What do you like about it/hate about it? I need all the opinions I can get!

VeryFirst replied to phoenix0403's response:
Well the one I have is a dual electric pump so I am able to pump both breast at one time. Which is great. Kill two birds with one stone. You can also adjust the speeds of how fast it pumps from low to high. And after the pump has your milk flowing out it slows down to long drawn out pumps to better extract your milk. So first its quick fast pull of your breast then the pump does the long slow pull that have more intensity. I dont know if other's do, but mine came with all the parts like the suction hoses and two bottles that fit write into the pump. There's really nothing I hate about it.

jlg1978 responded:
I have the Medela, Pump in Style. It is a double electric pump. I have zero issues with it. U can adjust the suction and speed to fit u. Mine has a cooler compartment and icepacks so, it's good for pumping while at work. I used it with my first child 6yrs ago and am now using the same with my 5 1/2 week old. I would definitely recommend it!!

elegi23 responded:
Medela Pump In Style is what I use. I orginally got a playtex one and it broke and got replaced 4 times!!!! So I finally got fed up and had no money at the time, but purchased a Medela on Craigslist. It was used, but I replaced ALL the parts and just used the motor. I paid $70 for everything and have been using it 3 times a day on high for 9 months now!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Farin. I'm 22 and a first-time mommy. My husband is a Marine and I work part-time as a pharmacy technician. My daughter, Jazlyn, was bo...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.