Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PLEASE HELP!!!
An_188505 posted:
I am breastfeeding my 2 1/2 month old daughter. She takes a bottle once in a while, but I pump for that. She isn't getting anything but breastmilk. I got a full period at about 8 weeks after giving birth. A couple of weeks later I spotted for a couple of days and that was all. But i still feel crampy. Is this normal?

TMI, but have question:
Also, my doctor says I'm very fertile, but I haven't had "full sex" Just the tip of him went in me, and only came on my stomach, but perhaps some went in me. Possible to be pregnant? I think you can only get pregnant if only fully in you and comes...since it has a ways to travel before it hits your egg. Am I safe?

Brubee responded:
Hello. Chances are that your hormones are regulating. I would take a PG test just in case and then another in a couple of weeks when you think you would get your period. Good luck. ~B~

VeryFirst responded:
I dont know if you are safe or not, but I just had the same scare. Only difference is I was having "full sex". But what I have learned is breastfeeding is a mild birthcontrol. So with breastfeeding and him not releasing in you then your chances are low, but not nonexistent.
Now on a side note any pre - cum that goes in you can get you prego and with us just having a baby thats very ez.

jlenn responded:
You CAN get pregnant even if he pulls out, and even if he is not fully inside you. Yes, your chances go down, because fewer sperm get inside you that way -- but you only need one determined little guy to make his way up to an egg to get pregnant, so the chance is still there. So if you do not want to get pregnant, then get some birth control. You can use the mini-pill while breastfeeding, if you don't like condoms.

I'm not sure about the cramping and spotting; I would think everything is fine. Your periods can be unpredictable for a while after you give birth. But it is probably a good idea to take a home pregnancy test just to make sure you're not pregnant again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Christy, and I am 24 years old. I have a wonderful handsome husband who is 28 - and two darling little boys!! My first son is 2 years old, ...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.