Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Pepto Bismol while nursing?
    cjl0510 posted:
    I have had tummy trouble for the last few days.. does anyone know if it is ok to take Pepto Bismol while you are nursing? My DS is 6 months old if that makes any difference. Thanks!

tiff93722 responded:
    I want to say no because it has asprin in it. Try Immodium AD. This website has great info:

http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/index.html

Mainemommy replied to tiff93722's response:
    If your having the runs rice is a natural solution Also according to the pedi Chicken and bananas also help

cjl0510 replied to Mainemommy's response:
    Thanks guys! Yeah I just heard that it's not good when BF. So hopefully I'll start feeling better soon!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Christy, and I am 24 years old. I have a wonderful handsome husband who is 28 - and two darling little boys!! My first son is 2 years old, ...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
    Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.