Skip to content
Period Returning after weaning
Sarahmoe posted:
I breastfed for 8 1/2 months, but have now weaned my son. I did not have a period while I was nursing. How long after weaning should I expect my period to return?

cjl0510 responded:
It honestly depends on the person. My friend stopped nursing at 6 months and get her period back within a week. I on the other had nursed until my LO was 9 1/2 months and didn't get my period until he was 13 months! So you never can really tell.

sarakraut responded:
I agree it just depends. Likely it will return 6-8 weeks after you wean. It could be sooner or later though.

Sarahmoe responded:
Thanks for the info. I am on the smart pill & am switching back to the regular pill, but I just feel better when I get my period. Plus, I guess I'd like a little preparation since I haven't had one since 12/08 - little scared of how those cramps are going to be.....

MizLeah replied to Sarahmoe's response:
Wow you are a lucky woman - I am one of the few who got a period while BF

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 20 year old mother of two. My daughter is 3 my son is 8 weeks.I love my children and would do anything for them.

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.