Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nausea while breastfeeding..
BlessedMommyof2 posted:
My 8 month old has been breastfed since day one. I am on the pill but have missed a couple of times. Recently I have noticed that I have been feeling sick to my stomach while I am nursing and I also have the feeling in the mornings and during the day. I have taken two pregnancy test and both are negative... SN: I have not had a period since before he was born but I have had some spotting here and there. Can anyone help me shed some light on this? Thanks

cjl0510 responded:
I am in the exact same boat as you- except I am not on the pill. My LO is 8 months and I have not started my period yet either. I have been nauseated to the point I have taken pregnancy tests at 3 different times. All were negative. My guess is that its from the hormones from BF- but I am not sure.

BlessedMommyof2 replied to cjl0510's response:
I also had my blood sugar checked and it was normal... I was thinking if we are pregnant it may be too early for the test to pick it up.

saywhat789 responded:
I find this very interesting. I am also nursing a 14month old and have bouts of nausea just like you describe. I'm not even having sex so I KNOW I'm not pregnant!!! I wonder if it is hormones....

BlessedMommyof2 replied to saywhat789's response:
That is very interesting.. Do you have it all day or just when you nurse?.. Because I have it pretty much all day on and off...

saywhat789 replied to BlessedMommyof2's response:
I have it off and on all day. It's usually more often in the mornings. So odd!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm married mom of a handsome 4 year old boy named J.R. and a beautiful baby girl Kira, who was born 1/31/11. I'm BF'ing for the first tim...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.