Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Nausea while breastfeeding..
    BlessedMommyof2 posted:
    My 8 month old has been breastfed since day one. I am on the pill but have missed a couple of times. Recently I have noticed that I have been feeling sick to my stomach while I am nursing and I also have the feeling in the mornings and during the day. I have taken two pregnancy test and both are negative... SN: I have not had a period since before he was born but I have had some spotting here and there. Can anyone help me shed some light on this? Thanks

cjl0510 responded:
    I am in the exact same boat as you- except I am not on the pill. My LO is 8 months and I have not started my period yet either. I have been nauseated to the point I have taken pregnancy tests at 3 different times. All were negative. My guess is that its from the hormones from BF- but I am not sure.

BlessedMommyof2 replied to cjl0510's response:
    I also had my blood sugar checked and it was normal... I was thinking if we are pregnant it may be too early for the test to pick it up.

saywhat789 responded:
    I find this very interesting. I am also nursing a 14month old and have bouts of nausea just like you describe. I'm not even having sex so I KNOW I'm not pregnant!!! I wonder if it is hormones....

BlessedMommyof2 replied to saywhat789's response:
    That is very interesting.. Do you have it all day or just when you nurse?.. Because I have it pretty much all day on and off...

saywhat789 replied to BlessedMommyof2's response:
    I have it off and on all day. It's usually more often in the mornings. So odd!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 20 year old mother of two. My daughter is 3 my son is 8 weeks.I love my children and would do anything for them.

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
    Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.