Skip to content
not sure? please help!
mckinneyeliz posted:
at first i thought it was a breast infection but when i looked it up the symptoms dont match. my breasts hurt almost constantly (unless im actually in the act of BF) then every few hours ill get a tingly needle sharp pricks that run down my breasts. and my nipples are sure. it doesnt sound like a breast infection so i dont know what it is and i dont know what to do for it. i dont want to go to the hospital cuz its an hour drive. does anyone have any ideas?

fsuchick1976 responded:
The tingly pain every few hours sounds like the feeling I used to get when I went too long between feedings and my milk was letting down. Do you start to leak after you get that feeling?

If you don't want to go to a hospital, call a lactation consultant.
Kim (33) DH (40) DD1 (7/08) DD2 (3/10)

mckinneyeliz replied to fsuchick1976's response:
now that i think about it..it might be. it does seem to happen when i go awhile between feedings. next time it happens ill check it out! and yes i need to call a lactation consultant i just hope its not a breast infection thank you for ur advice ^^

BP33 replied to mckinneyeliz's response:
I experience the same exact thing too. This is my second child and I don't remember feeling this way with my first. If you find out anything from the lactation consultant, please post it if you don't mind.

mckinneyeliz replied to BP33's response:
ill have to wait till monday to call but i will definitly post what i find out

mckinneyeliz replied to mckinneyeliz's response:
the lactation consultant that i talked to thought that the tingly feeling was the let down. the rest of it she wasnt sure about. so im gonna try and get up to the hospital to see a different lactation consultant and see what she says about the rest of it ill post what i find out!

cjl0510 replied to mckinneyeliz's response:
It sounds like your milk is coming down when that happens. I get that feeling all the time when my milk comes in. You will notice that your breasts get harder right after that as well. My friend's was so strong she would hate to go long periods without nursing because it hurt so bad. She said it felt like knives being dragged down!! If it was a breast infection you would most likely have a fever and that part of your breast would be warm to the touch. Good luck! Let us know what you find out!

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.