Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
crazy nursing hormones anyone??
cjl0510 posted:
Ok, so I have been nursing my LO for 9 1/2 months now. And lately (the last 4 months or so) I have felt like I am about to start my period.. ya know hormone wise! I am extremely emotional, cry at silly commercials and everything. I keep expecting my period to show up but it never does. Has anyone else experienced this with nursing? I have gotten to the point I may just have to stop nursing because I feel like I am going to go crazy.

iiicrazycats responded:
you probably are going to start AF soon. usually it happens when your LO starts eating a lot of solid foods and going for longer and longer periods without nursing. you've done a great job nursing to this point!

what did you do for PMS when you weren't nursing? can you do/take the same thing(s) to make you feel more normal? if so, try that before weaning. check out kellymom.com to see if there are any herbal/OTC products to help that are safe for baby. good luck!
~Jenn (34)~Chris (35)~Simon (6)~Ravyn (3mos)~

jlc78 responded:
Ugh. I typed up a response and it got eaten.

I started having the same PMS-like symptoms starting at around 5 months. Cramping, emotional, etc. AF didn't end up returning for another 9 months. I can't tell you how many pregnancy tests I ended up taking, lol! It's completely normal. Your body is just preparing for AF to return. Even after AF returned for me, I was still on an emotional rollercoaster and it didn't regulate until a few months ago.
Me (31) DH (33) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 36 year old first time mom of Lauren. She was born 10/12/10. I am bf exclusively, but plan to pump from time to time so that I have back up ...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.