Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Disproportionate milk production in my breasts
Monkeys_momma posted:
I have one breast that is hardly producing any milk - 1 to 2 oz where as the other is producing 8oz...any suggestions to get it to make more?? I am pumping and bottle feeding as she would not stay latched and we decided that was ok for the trade off of her eating enough. I am trying to pump the less producing one more (every 3-4 hours as a normal feeding may occur) and the efficient one less (every 6 hours or so) to promote it to make more milk but am afraid it will dry up. My daughter is only 8 days old so I hope to feed her breast milk for the first year. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advanced!

sharebare responded:
I'm having the same issue. I had my baby 9 days ago and my left is producing more than my right. I just keep giving him both sides and I have noticed in the last day or so, my right is slowly, but surely producing more milk. And, I'm not pumping yet because I want to get him used to my breast and not the bottle. But I have read and have been told that the more you let the baby feed off the less productive side, eventually it will start producing more. If not, it might dry up. Good Luck

Sharon

ntherelng replied to sharebare's response:
It should even out somewhat over time. However, even after two kids I my larger breast actually produces less milk than my smaller one. After several hours, I usually get about 4-5 oz. on one side and 3-4 oz. on the other, but my LO is almost 5 months old. For newborns, 1-2 oz a pumping session is quite normal.
Renee (37) DH (43) DS1 10/01/08 EBF 9 mos. DS2 06/20/10 6lb. 19 1/2 and so beautiful!

fsuchick1976 responded:
Check out this link from kellymom.com
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/lopsided.html
Kim (33) DH (40) DD1 (7/08) DD2 (3/10)

An_254331 responded:

Hi,

"Really we have not met before. But I have something very important to discuss with you. I have been searching for the real relative of my client who died as a result of cancer for many years now. Thank God I have finally found you. Please I want you to contact me through my private e-mail address so that I will explain everything in details...
Here is my e-mail :{ thomashubertsadvisors@gmail.com}

I would be waiting to read from you.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,"

Huberts.

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.