Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nutrition and You
Emma_WebMD_Staff posted:
With the demands of breastfeeding and taking care of a small child, we often times have a difficult time making sure we eat right and exercise as we should. Particularly those first few months when our newborn is requiring so much for us. How have you been keeping yourself healthy?

ShanunC responded:
well I must say I thought it was hard when I had DD to keep up on eating.. but adding DS to the mix with DD being 3.. MAN.. i was going all day without eating.. I just never noticed I was hungry.. im now still doing bad with meals.. some reason bfast never pans out for me. I have my coffee and just start bustling. but I have been sitting down with DD at lunchtime and at least having a salad or sandwich.. then I make dinner every night.. One thing I started doing was buying things like Wheat thins and stuff like that and snacking throughout the day.. so Im eating good things even though Im grazing.. my other thing is I drink water like its going out of style.. im awful with juice and milk but I keep up on my water..
Also.. i find since I prep alot of stuff for the baby and DD like. I make DDs morning sippy cup the night before so if Im holding a crying DS i can still get her juice.. DS is on half bmilk half formula so I prep the formula for the night and next day the night before and stick it in the fridge.. if im feeling motivated I pull out some carrots and stuff and get them ready in a baggy or do a sandwich bag of snack stuff so even if Im holding a baby Im not fussing with boxes or getting things.. just grab my bag like i grab a bottle and Im done..
when you think about it its like making lunch for your hubby.. he packs a lunch and brings it with him.. or mine does anyways.. we work to.. prep in advance and your good to go

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to ShanunC's response:
HI ShanunC,

I think mom's in general have to learn to prep ahead but in particular those mom's who are also nursing or pumping. It takes a lot of time to do all of the above. I wish you had a better chance at breakfast but I understand. Good job though otherwise, grazing is suppose to be the best way to lose weight .

Take care,
Emma

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.