Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Milk sharing with Eats on Feets
Wendy12345678 posted:
So I've made excessive milk with all my kids. My babies poop is green, and the lactation consultant said it has something to do with him not being able to empty the breast. I do not want to increase my supply, but may pump the side he does not eat from in the moring, and maybe once at night. She told me about something called Eats on Feets. It sounds pretty primitive, and cool. Basically women in your area offer and request breatmilk. Its called milk sharing. I'm thinking I may give away my excessive milk to help another baby who's mother can't nurse and either can't or doesn't want to use formula. If anyone is interested its called Eats on Feets, and your linked to moms in your area through facebook. I know its kinda weird, and takes an amazing amount of trust, but it seems like a nice idea to help another baby with what I have too much off. Would you consider doing it??? What do you think????

Take the Poll

Would you share your breast milk with a family who wanted your extra?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
vote
View Poll Results

phoenix31674 responded:
Have you tried block feeding to regulate your supply? It helps train your body how much is needed and gives your baby a chance to get the rich hindmilk. I know it's not ideal, but maybe pump the foremilk out to help your baby get to the hindmilk while you are starting block feeding.

as for donating milk, I agree it is a little weird. as a receiving mom, I would be a bit concerned about who the donor was. I've managed to match what little man needs this time around, but he won't take a bottle (tongue tied) so I've not made an effort to pump, though I'm starting into the freezer stash to mix with his food.

shanastash responded:
plan on BFing my baby until she is one year. if i have any extras i am actually gonna donate it the milk bank in indiana. you have to be blood tested and all sorts but you can donate what you have frozen.

Wendy12345678 replied to shanastash's response:
I looked into donation and it seems a lot of places are for profit. So basically you donate, and they make a profit. Thats why I did eats on feets. Its up to the family that asks for the donation if they want to pay for you to have a blood test, or just trust you. Its wild LOL.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Farin. I'm 22 and a first-time mommy. My husband is a Marine and I work part-time as a pharmacy technician. My daughter, Jazlyn, was bo...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.