Skip to content
Cute Nursing tops & clothes?
ButterflyBaby1107 posted:
I breastfed my first child. I am now pregnant with my second baby and plan to breastfeed. I was just making my list of things that I will need to buy for this baby. I will have to get more nursing bras and clothes. I want to get some nice nursing tops. I looked online and there are a ton of very cute maternity clothes, but I am not finding much for nursing clothes that are cute. Any suggestions?

Guinnessstout responded:
My favorite place for nursing clothes is www.mothersboutique.com . She has a fantastic selection of clothes, from tops to pajamas to bras. She's also great at helping you find the right size bra and can do a virtual bra fitting. This is mom-owned business. I'm really lucky because she has a store about 30mins from where I live near Pittsburgh. She does most of her sales online. I believe that she is having some sales for Mother's day! I am hinting at a few more tops for my Mother's day.
Amanda. Mommy to my sweet pea born 8/9/10. Breastfeeding and completely dairy and soy free due to allergies in Mom and Baby.

ButterflyBaby1107 replied to Guinnessstout's response:
Thanks, I will check it out!

StarryGrrl replied to ButterflyBaby1107's response:
Motherhood maternity has some really cute nursing tops for reasonable prices.

phoenix31674 responded:
I've honestly found nursing tops overly complicated and depending on how they are made, prone to stretching out so they don't hang right. I use mostly t-shirts (or other shirts I can lift up) or button front shirts. Of course I don't work outside the home so pumping isn't an issue. For my husband's modesty I have a nursing cover up. Some of those undershirt tanks or belly wraps would be nice so that your back/belly aren't exposed while nursing, but I'm not bothered.

Of the two nursing tops I got from MM, one of them I still don't really understand how it 'works' to minimize exposure. The other the neck has stretched oddly because the idea is to push the neck aside.

I will miss being able to wear sundresses this summer since there just isn't an easy way to make a nursing sundress. i should look into some sort of wrap dresses.

mom2laurenmckenna responded:
I have used nursing bras during the day under regular clothes this winter. I just layered bra, shirt, sweater coat or a cardigan set. Now that weather is warmer I'm running into belly peekaboo issues. I have two nursing tanks that I wear at night. I think I'm going to have to get more of those and layer bra, tank, shirt. My DD was born in Oct. So I have atleast six more months I plan to nurse. I agree w pp that most nursing shirts are more trouble than they are worth.

mom2laurenmckenna responded:
Update: I got the nursing tanks at Target, just 16.99. They are great. THey are nice and long so I am able to tuck them in and leave my shirt out. They fit snug and some styles have a lace embellishment. I wear a nursing bra too, but I am a EE so most of you will be able to wear just the tank.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.