Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Phenphedrine
Alex490 posted:
Ive been breastfeeding for almost a year now and am beginning to ween my son. Because im not breastfeeding as much im starting to gain alot of weight. I want to get a jump start on weight loss by using Phenphedrine but is it safe to use while im still breastfeeding 3 times a day?

phoenix31674 responded:
I would not use any sort of supplement while breastfeeding, even if it is only just a couple times of day. no supplement for weight loss has been proven safe for breastfeeding mothers so why take a chance.

Instead look at decreasing your calories and increasing your activity - even if it's just taking a 15-30 minute walk around the neighborhood with the bub in the stroller.

An_188540 responded:
Dear Alex,
Good luck with your weight loss.
My response is : Please do not let your kiddo anywhere near ephedrine - its what they make speed/meth out of. This is why it jump starts your weight loss.

I have taken it in the past -- so I am not biased against it without personal knowledge. If it makes you jittery and loose weight, imagine what it would do to your baby? Please wait until the baby is not breastfeeding.

mommyNtraining replied to An_188540's response:
concur, she's not joking.. not safe.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Laramie, I'm 27 and live in Rochester, NY. I'm happily married to my wonderful husband and I'm a SAHM to our two children. Aust...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.