Skip to content
anyone know a good pump?
Wendy12345678 posted:
Hello ladies! I would like to start pumping, for my boy and for another womans premature baby. I do not have much to invest in a pump so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good inexpensive pump??? There are so many out there it is so hardknow if anything inexpensive will work well! Thank You!

StarryGrrl responded:
Hi Wendy, I use the Medela Pump In Style and I love it! It's a bit pricey to buy new (over $200), but I bought mine used at a consignment shop for $65. Since milk doesn't go through the actual pump, it's not unsanitary to buy a used one and then just buy new tubes, shields and bottles. Maybe there are cheaper ones out there that work well, but that is the only one I have experience with. I hope you find one in your budget for your needs.

cdjd82406 responded:
Hi Wendy. I bought the playtex double electric breast pump at Walmart and it was wonderful. With the medela on that the hospital gave me, it was always pinching my breasts. The playtex one has silicone things that go over the breast shields. With this, the pump both massages and pulls out the milk. And the best thing is that you can use any type of bottles that you want to with it. It comes with two bottles, I think like ten 4oz liners. It is about $90 at walmart but I love mine. I plan on using it again when I have my new baby.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm married mom of a handsome 4 year old boy named J.R. and a beautiful baby girl Kira, who was born 1/31/11. I'm BF'ing for the first tim...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.