Skip to content
trying to continue breastfeeding
jennjd posted:
I have struggled to keep enough milk going for my now 7month old. I would like to keep going till she is 1yr but I am having a real difficult time getting enough milk for her. I can only pump twice while I am at work. I am only getting about 5 or 6 oz first pumping and 3 to 4 oz on the second pumping. I am taking motherslove. I have also used fenugreek and brewers yeast. Any other suggestions to get enough milk to keep up with my baby?

mom2laurenmckenna responded:
Is she on solids yet? That would help fill her growing calorie need. When I went through a low production time the lactation consultant at my Pediatrician was very helpful. She had me pump after feeding to make sure they were fully emptied. This helped in just a couple days.

Do you have access to a lactation consultant?

jennjd replied to mom2laurenmckenna's response:
She is on solids but she is very picky. She would really like to eat what we are eating. For the most part she eats a container of baby food stage 2(some stage 3) for lunch and dinner. But she was very small at her 6month check up so the dr wanted her to have more milk and was not worried about her eating foods so much. She does love to nurse alot during the evenings and it is hard to get her off of me in order for me to pump. I thought her nursing so much should help produce more when I am at work and pumping. I really dont know any lactation consultants other than at the hospital where I had her. I have started adding formula to the bags of milk that are short of the 6 oz she drinks to offset for the daycare provider. I hate doing that at all but she drinks that and still wants more sometimes. I just started taking Mothers Milk Herbal tea to see if that might help. I will try to pump more when she is done nursing and see if that helps as well. Thank you for that suggestion.

Spotlight: Member Stories

What to do if you know of a mother that forces an 15 month old to breastfeed? She has him call them boobies and she laughs. He is expected to pull he...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.