Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Strange weekend=Drop in supply?
brewbaby posted:
This weekend my husband and I flew out of town for my mother-in-laws wedding. Our little boy will be 4 months tomorrow and has been a BF'ing champ! He's a lil over 18lbs and has not been having a problem with feeding until recently. Over the weekend he started fighting the breast. He was just super cranky and wanted his binky, blanky, and sleep. One of the days we were gone he only fed like 4 times the entire day and maybe one of those feedings was a really good one. I'm hoping he was just overwelmed by the travel and that now that we are home this behavior will stop. He's never really rejected the breast like that before but now that I'm working and he's getting the bottle he seems to be a lot more distractable and alot less interested in feeding. He isnt pooping as much, maybe once ever 2 or 3 days, but he's having plenty of wet diapers. Now my other problem is that I seem to have gotten a dip in my supply because of his lack of interest in eating this weekend. Before I left I was pumping about 4-6 oz every time I pumped for work but now I'm pumping like crazy just to get 2-4 oz. I have mother's milk tea at home and I'm eating oatmeal with flax in it. Any other suggestions? Anyone else ever had this type of problem? If he doesnt go back to eating normal should I call his doctor? He has been really happy and laughing and cooing and playing, just not too interested in eating.

rossi22 responded:
it is normal for baby to have low interest from time to time. I had the same problem with my 11 month old. He has times when he shows no interest to the breast and even makes funny faces when I offer it to him. maybe he prefers the easy bottle than the work he needs to do. My baby is exclusively breastfed and when he was 9 months old my milk supply was low so I started taking Fenugreek 3 x 3 a day=9 pills. I found this in the GNC store. For me it worked immediately . I hope you will be able to continue breastfeeding and please keep away from stress

brewbaby responded:
He's eating better now, actually more than usual. Maybe he's making up for this weekend? I don't know.. My supply is going back to normal too, I just added an extra pumping session while I'm at work and that seems to be helping.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm married mom of a handsome 4 year old boy named J.R. and a beautiful baby girl Kira, who was born 1/31/11. I'm BF'ing for the first tim...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.