Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rotator Cuff Surgery Tomorrow and Breastfeeding.
cmoy posted:
I'm having Rotator Cuff Surgery tomorrow, and I'm breastfeed a 3 month old. I've been pumping since last tuesday when I found out that I have to have the surgery. They the surgeon told me that I should be able to breastfeed if I feel up to it after surgery, but the check in nurse just told me that I can't wear a bra home and most likely for 2 weeks due to the way they wrap your shoulder.

Has anyone had this issue, I'm just in tears, cause I don't know what I'm going to do with out having a bra on, I leak all day long as it is now, with no bra, I'm going to leak out everything and not be able to even pump a bottle.

Thanks!

Wendy12345678 responded:
I hate wearing a bra all the time, so I bought tight tank tops, and put pads with stickys stuck to the breast area. It works out great sans bra! Just try a body fitting shirt, and use breast pads that have sticky pads. I hope I'm not too late, and that helps. Oh, and Targets Long and Lean tank tops are great for holding the pads!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a first time mom to my beautiful son born 12/13/10. I am exclusively breastfeeding and back to work full time.

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.