Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stopping breastfeeding
jlg1978 posted:
You all have been a great help over the last year answering my questions, so, hopefully this will be my last one!! I weaned my 13 month old about 3.5 weeks ago. Which went better than I expected. Now I'm having issues drying up. I thought it would be much quicker than this. Are there any herbs I can take or home remedies and about how long does it take if not??? It's getting embarrassing leaking at random times throughout my day and never knowing when it may happen. Thanks for any advice and suggestions.

mom2laurenmckenna responded:
I've heard the best thing is cabbage leaves. I'm not weaning yet(DD 8 months ) but plan to apply cabbage leaves.

Get some disposable breast pads and put them in every day. That way, no surprises.

Flutterbyme03 responded:
My lo is almost 6 months and I havent started to wean yet but I was wondering what would be my best way to go about it. This is my first so all this has been a learning experiance. Thanks in advance!

summotran replied to Flutterbyme03's response:
I had to wean because the quality went down in my supply due to stress. The pediatrician told me to offer formula after every feeding so if he was still hungry he would eat it. My son started doing this at 5 months and I was out of milk, fresh or frozen by 7 months. Also use formula in the cereal while weaning. I hope you find this helpful and can adjust it to your situation.

Spotlight: Member Stories

First time mom just trying to figure it all out.. Have a beautiful son Sean born 5~3~2012

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.