Skip to content
Milk Curdled HELP PLEASE!!!!!
Mamanessa88 posted:
Milk Curdled and hurts bad HELP PLEASE!!!!! Hello Ladies
My name is Vanessa and I am breastfeeding my youngest son and hes 8months now.

Although as of last night I have had a problem with my right breast.I woke up today and it was hurting so bad,then tonight like 2 hours ago I've noticed that I have a rock hard lump or spot in my right breast and if u push on it at all it hurts really bad.

But I can still produce a bit of milk from it.My son has to suck pretty hard now to.So I think I have some curdled milk in my right side and I would like to know if any of you can give me some advice on how to get it out.

Guinnessstout responded:
It sounds like you have a clogged milk duct. The best way to get it to unclog is to keep nursing and keep massaging the lump. Massage the breast, even while nursing. Heat always helps me to get those ducts unclogged. I like to use a ThermaCare heat wrap (the neck size). I just wrap it around the breast and wear it all day.

If it doesn't get better soon, go see your doctor. This can turn into mastitis if you aren't careful.

I hope that helps... hope it feels better soon.
Amanda. Mommy to my sweet pea born 8/9/10. Breastfeeding and completely dairy and soy free due to allergies in Mom and Baby.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a Forensic Drug Chemist, back to working (and pumping!) full time. Married to my high school sweetheart, Chris since 1998. We've been toge...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.