Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
breast abscess
aubreysmom1 posted:
This issue really concerns me. I went in and had an I&D 4 days ago. The surgeon wasn't very experienced with a breast abscess but was available sort notice and my case was urgent. The abscess was close to the size of my fist and I am not a very large chested woman. Anyway the procedure was done with a local in his office and was extremely painful I am now having the incision unpacked and repacked twice a day for a minimum of the next two weeks. I was told by the surgeon to not to continue to breastfeed on that side or else I would develop a fistula that would not go away until i stopped breastfeeding. My daughter is only 5 weeks old.I want to breastfeed on both sides because I dont seem to make enough for her on one but dont want to have a fistula for the next year. My breast also created a hardened wall of tissue around the abscess to protect the rest of my ducts and that wall runs directly across the center of my nipple. This is making any kind of latch impossible...HELP!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 20 year old mother of two. My daughter is 3 my son is 8 weeks.I love my children and would do anything for them.

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.