Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
breast pump shopping
charissahill posted:
hey ladies. i am shopping around for a breast pump and need to know which breast pumps work best. i am returning to work after 6 weeks of baby being born and i need a breast pump that is reliable/durable/portable. any advice would help! thank you.

kay_kay75 responded:
I have the Avent Duo, I love it!!!! Very easy to use and portable.

ButterflyBaby1107 responded:
I used the Medela pump in Style. I did some research before I bought it and this one had high reviews. It comes in a stylish discreet bag, includes a cooler bag for the bottles, and a battery pack for when you can't plug it in--you can also buy a 12 volt adapter for the car. I used it for several months and believe that it was worth the price (compare the price to the cost of formula and your breast pump pays for itself after a month or two). Now I am having a second baby and still have my breastpump to use with this one. When you go back to work try to pump on the same schedule that you would nurse so that you keep your milk supply up. Good Luck!

ESHmom responded:
I bought a Lanisnoh and love it. I had a slight, user-related, problem with it a couple months ago. I was pre-pared to go to Target to buy replacement parts but wanted help diagnosising the problem, so I called their customer service line. The lady was SO nice, she shipped out replacement parts for FREE and over-night! It works great. Based on their customer service, I would definitely highly recommend Lansinoh.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Michaele. I am married and have three awesome kids. Evan is 7, Savannah is 4, and baby Adeline (Addy) is 3 months. I am new to the forums b...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.