Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
gassy newborn well breastfeeding
Anon_232035 posted:
My daughters very good at eatting and this is my second time at breastfeeding. How ever when I hold her I've noticed the gas bubbles in her tummy are intense. I am not sure if its because she's only 2weeks old or the gas but laying her down seems to make her uncomfortable. She is fine in her swing or bouncer. My older daugher also had issues with gas but she wasn't quiet as good a eating till she was atleast a month. Any suggestions?

Olivetre responded:
I have the same issue with my 2 wk old daughter. I had her 2 week check up today and asked her what I could do. When I feel the bubbles I rub her belly and it helps. Her doctor told me to try Gripe Water. I'm going to try it today and see if it helps.

mom2laurenmckenna responded:
I've used gas drops, Walgreens brand, regularly w my DD. There could be something in your diet that is contributing, but it could just be something time will fix.

I was never able to pin point a food to eliminate. I also did circular massage (clockwise) and bicycle legs during days. But the drops were quick and effective at night.

At 9 months I now have to use it on rare occasion and its still successful. GL!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

What to do if you know of a mother that forces an 15 month old to breastfeed? She has him call them boobies and she laughs. He is expected to pull he...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.