Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weaning and pain/itchiness
MNMommy3 posted:
So I have successfully weaned my DD. I breastfed for 6-1/2 months. Last Monday I completely stopped cold turkey. My left breast is doing alright, a little tender in certain spots, but not engorged or anything. My right breast on the other hand is still fully engorged, painful and really itchy! I went in to urgent care on Friday and the doc thought it could be mastitis again so he put me on Augmentin. I've been taking that since Friday night. Most of the extreme pain has gone away, but I still get this sharp, burning shooting pain that goes through the top of my breast, and it is still very tender in several areas. It is still very hard and engorged and itches like crazy!! Could there be something going on that the antibiotic wouldn't cover? I thought for sure after 7 days of not nursing that the engorgement would lighten up a bit.
Kelly (32), DF (31), DS1 (12), DS2 (6), DD (4 months).

mom2laurenmckenna responded:
I haven't weaned yet, but did you look for info on kellymom.com? That site has been very useful along the way for me.

GL!

Spotlight: Member Stories

First time mom just trying to figure it all out.. Have a beautiful son Sean born 5~3~2012

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.