Skip to content
best guide to breastfeeding???
noelle1225 posted:
Hey ladies,

My first baby is due in October and I really, really, really want to bf. I've been reading up online, and am considering whether I might take a class b4 he even arrives, but can anyone recommend a good guide to bf'ing to have on hand for issues like low milk production, sore nipples, detecting babies allergies, clogged ducts, mastitis... you catch my drift:)

Please and thankyou:)

mommyNtraining responded:
the best guide i received was from my hospital. if your hospital offers breastfeeding classes, i encourage you to go and build a relationship & get to know the lactation consultants and other moms in your area. thats where your going to get the best advice and support. and of course if you ever run into a situation, we're always available on here:)

noelle1225 replied to mommyNtraining's response:
I'm actually delivering at a birthing center, but I already know the LC from when my GF went to see her a few months ago and the MWs are all pretty skilled in getting things started. I just wanted something on hand at home that didn't tie me to the computer. I'll only be at the birthing center 6-12hrs after he's born if everything goes accordingly, so I was hoping to pick up a guide book that touches on all the little things that can pop up unexpectedly.

mom2laurenmckenna responded:
As a natural Birth / birth center mom myself I found several things helpful. Congrats on October, too. That's when my first lo was born.

First, I Love "The womanly art of breast feeding " great information and reference! Second, I found a Pediatrician I liked that had a lactation consultant on staff @ no extra charge to me. She was very helpful the first few weeks.I also plan to use her wisdom when we wean. Third, a positive outlook and confidence in my body and it's abilities. Fourth, coming here for encouragement and questions. Finally, kellymom.com another great online resource.

GL! Keep us posted.

noelle1225 replied to mom2laurenmckenna's response:
Thanks!

keepitsafe replied to noelle1225's response:

Hi,

"Really we have not met before. But I have something very important to discuss with you. I have been searching for the real relative of my client who died as a result of cancer for many years now. Thank God I have finally found you. Please I want you to contact me through my private e-mail address so that I will explain everything in details...
Here is my e-mail :{ thomashubertsadvisors@gmail.com}

I would be waiting to read from you.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,"

Huberts.

zeebukz replied to keepitsafe's response:
scammer

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 20 year old mother of two. My daughter is 3 my son is 8 weeks.I love my children and would do anything for them.

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.