Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Freezing
    Anon_234998 posted:
    I've been exclusively breastfeeding my 2 month old and have recently started freezing bags for a weekend trip I will be taking at the end of August. I wanted to get suggestions or ideas as to how others have made this work? Since she is eating from me, when can I get some spare milk to actually freeze? Would this be the milk I pump while she is asleep at night? Is there some kind of routine other moms follow to get enough milk to freeze? I also periodically use bottles and that supply in the refrigerator is running low. How can I make this work? Making sure my baby is fed(she takes 4 oz, every 3 hrs), having some milk in the refrigerator in case I have to run out and having some milk to freeze in time for my trip. I've become so frustrated that I've even contemplated supplementing with formula but that is not really the route I want to go. Please help!

mom2laurenmckenna responded:
    First, if you start to supplement you will produce less not more. Second, if you stress you will produce less not more.

Ok. Try pumping after EVERY feed if at all possible. This empties out each breast completely. ( learned this tip from a lactation consultant ) when you first do this, you won't get much, but it wont take long for you to have more. Also, since your saving for your trip, try to freeze any excess. Skip the fridge. You're there now, you can always feed. You won't be there then.

GL!

Spotlight: Member Stories

First time mom just trying to figure it all out.. Have a beautiful son Sean born 5~3~2012

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
    Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.