Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Freezing
Anon_234998 posted:
I've been exclusively breastfeeding my 2 month old and have recently started freezing bags for a weekend trip I will be taking at the end of August. I wanted to get suggestions or ideas as to how others have made this work? Since she is eating from me, when can I get some spare milk to actually freeze? Would this be the milk I pump while she is asleep at night? Is there some kind of routine other moms follow to get enough milk to freeze? I also periodically use bottles and that supply in the refrigerator is running low. How can I make this work? Making sure my baby is fed(she takes 4 oz, every 3 hrs), having some milk in the refrigerator in case I have to run out and having some milk to freeze in time for my trip. I've become so frustrated that I've even contemplated supplementing with formula but that is not really the route I want to go. Please help!

mom2laurenmckenna responded:
First, if you start to supplement you will produce less not more. Second, if you stress you will produce less not more.

Ok. Try pumping after EVERY feed if at all possible. This empties out each breast completely. ( learned this tip from a lactation consultant ) when you first do this, you won't get much, but it wont take long for you to have more. Also, since your saving for your trip, try to freeze any excess. Skip the fridge. You're there now, you can always feed. You won't be there then.

GL!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Laramie, I'm 27 and live in Rochester, NY. I'm happily married to my wonderful husband and I'm a SAHM to our two children. Aust...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.