Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Breastfeeding - Breast size
GranniePat posted:
My daugher just had a baby and started breastfeeding. She is concerned because one of her breasts is quite a bit fuller than the other. She wonders if the other one can catch up or if its too late. The baby is 1 week old.

Olivetre responded:
My daughter is just shy of 3 months and my left breast is fuller but it was the one that was slightly larger before bf. Since I'm back at work now and pumping during the day I know my left side does produce more (between 1-2oz). One way to help the smaller side is to start feeding on that side so it can be emptied every feeding so her body will produce more on that side. I think that one side will usually be fuller because one is preferred by the baby (the hold is more comfortable) and the left side has better flow because it is by the heart.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.