Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
FUSSINESS AFTER BREASTFEEDING
Stacye38 posted:
My daughter is 11wks old I've been breastfeeding her my diet is a little poor since I came back to work. Drinking a lot of coffee does that effect my baby. because she doesn't sleep at all during the day and a little at night? Help!

phoenix31674 responded:
Coffee can make some babies fussy, so it would be worth cutting back on caffeine to see if that helps your baby. Something else that may be happening is that you have forceful letdown or your body produces too much fore milk. Pumping a few minutes until letdown before feeding can help with both of these issues.

Good luck to you.

Quintessa2 replied to phoenix31674's response:
Absoultly cut the caffine!!! Holy cow! You are really supposed to have little to no caffiene. 1 cup a day at the most. And one issue you may be having is that you are drinking all of that coffee during the day and using the milk you pump while you are at work for nighttime feedings. Think about that. You may be giving her caffinated milk at night! LOL!

Spotlight: Member Stories

First time mom just trying to figure it all out.. Have a beautiful son Sean born 5~3~2012

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.