Skip to content
How Long Should Baby Exclusively Breastfeed
candy352 posted:
I was discussing with my fiancee about when I should take off of work. I only have enough leave for 2 weeks and plan to use unpaid leave for 2 additional weeks. He starts talking about that maybe I should only take off for 2 weeks. I refuse to only be out for 2 weeks. When I saw a lactation consultant, she mentioned that baby should breastfeed at least for 4-6 weeks. His opinion is that I have to do what I need to do for baby and that we need our income. When I do my date calculations, I don't think that I would have a drop in my money. I would still get paid at the end of the month and the end of the next month I would be getting my income tax. I am the only one working at the moment. He is stressing me out though. It's as if subliminally he is saying that I'm not willing to do what I need to do for my baby.

How long do you guys think a baby should exclusively breastfeed?

ButterflyBaby1107 responded:
Breastfeed for as long as you can. It is healthier for your baby and cheaper than formula. I hope for you can take off more than 2 weeks after your baby, that is barely enough time to recover after birth. Also you can keep breastfeeding when you go back to work--try to get a breastpump to use. sometimes you can get breastpumps covered by your insurance or through wic program. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I married my best friend in May of 2008, although we lived across the street from each other since the 6th grade, we never talked till after high scho...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.