How Long Should Baby Exclusively Breastfeed
candy352 posted:
I was discussing with my fiancee about when I should take off of work. I only have enough leave for 2 weeks and plan to use unpaid leave for 2 additional weeks. He starts talking about that maybe I should only take off for 2 weeks. I refuse to only be out for 2 weeks. When I saw a lactation consultant, she mentioned that baby should breastfeed at least for 4-6 weeks. His opinion is that I have to do what I need to do for baby and that we need our income. When I do my date calculations, I don't think that I would have a drop in my money. I would still get paid at the end of the month and the end of the next month I would be getting my income tax. I am the only one working at the moment. He is stressing me out though. It's as if subliminally he is saying that I'm not willing to do what I need to do for my baby.

How long do you guys think a baby should exclusively breastfeed?

ButterflyBaby1107 responded:
Breastfeed for as long as you can. It is healthier for your baby and cheaper than formula. I hope for you can take off more than 2 weeks after your baby, that is barely enough time to recover after birth. Also you can keep breastfeeding when you go back to work--try to get a breastpump to use. sometimes you can get breastpumps covered by your insurance or through wic program. Good luck!